Hi Christopher!

Am Dienstag, den 12.07.2011, 10:43 -0400 schrieb Christopher Lee:
> I have to agree on the icons.  Even if they are functional, they sure aren't
> pretty (and this may be unrelated, but can we please 1) Get rid of that
> hideous gray/black gradient on the down arrow at the end of toolbars-- it
> looks really bad and breaks up the GUI

Seems that other guys think similarly - kudos to Kendy :-)

http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/blog/archives/monthly/2011-06.html#2011-06-14T10_29_17.htm

By the way (serious question) is anybody (but e.g. Bernhard) following
the developer list and the planet?

> , and 2) allow toolbar behavior, like
> the showing of the "Full screen" toolbar, to be customized?).  Faenza is a
> good looking theme, and while it may not be to everyone's taste, at least we
> can try this one out first.
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2011/07/faenza-icons-for-libreoffice-toolbar.html

Mmh, at least for me it is already difficult to distinguish most of the
icons visible per default - the design is kind of abstract and removing
(most of) the color among (in the source files) shape reduces
distinctiveness.

Besides that, there is a need for several hundred icons that need to be
created to get a reasonable coverage for the interface. Unfortunately,
this is the main issue to add an other icon set. "Unfortunately",
LibreOffice has an incredible feature set - and a need to (more or less)
fit to the different platforms.

Cheers,
Christoph