On 21/01/2015 17:15, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
I had to finagle with the actual page structure, so the result is a bit different from what you came up with, but the content is the same. Here it is: http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/feedback/
Many thanks Charles. Putting the new block on the RHS looks good.

I can live with the changes as they are, but my gut feeling is that you have rather weakened the welcome I thought was really important.

If you are open to further input, could I suggest the following:
- make the page into two distinct columns, with Feedback on the left and Welcome on the right. - remove the Have a Question? Found a Bug? heading, which seems a bit redundant. - the ? Ask a question heading and the rest of the LH column would thus be directly below the Feedback heading - as a heading for the RH column, reinstate 'Welcome to the LibreOffice Community' as the heading, which was my key message - the "LibreOffice community includes..." text below that, all in the RH column
- block 'Users also have responsibilities!' as it stands below that
- it seems to me that even without the changes suggested above, the next heading 'LibreOffice is a community...' conflicts with the statement above 'The LibreOffice community includes all users...' so I would like to suggest a modification from both sources to make this heading 'Want to be more involved? Join us!'
- below that, the text is all fine

If you want me to whiteboard the above, I will, but the suggestions may be sufficiently clear without the need for that. As stated above, I could live with the page as it is, but reluctantly because it is definitely not as welcoming as the initial suggestion, and IMHO it will make a difference to how welcome users feel and in a small but worthwhile way the extra changes would encourage more active involvement.

--
Mike Hall
www.onepoyle.net