On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Aaron Wolf <aa...@snowdrift.coop> wrote:

On 10/16/2015 02:41 PM, Stephen Michel wrote:

 On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 2:06 PM, mray <m...@mray.de> wrote:
 On 16.10.2015 04:57, Stephen Michel wrote:

     On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 6:29 PM, mray <m...@mray.de
     <mailto:m...@mray.de>> wrote:

After some discussions with wolftune it dawned on me that we
         probably have to stick to our discussion/ticket system.

     Stick to our discussion/ticket system as opposed to...?

 ... something that can be considered a finished product.

I thought we might as well make it more usable then. Here is
         where we currently are:
https://img.bi/#/tMpXHzF!jefIs_vKO6A8a2S4CFDwDg6TK4Qw9JNMzHkb99u5
         Any feedback?

The border around the inner shaded posts is not dark enough for me
     to clearly distinguish the border. Making all the inner borders
the same darkness makes a world of difference, though it's a small
     change:
https://img.bi/#/q1mhu9l!A8SXKRNJ6v3l9RTgHGn1KgyWq8kxDnUxc0OV1fO-
     ~Stephen

It is ok not to be able to distinguish the border. The border has the sole purpose of highlighting the change of background color. And even
 that does not have to be something that needs to be distinguished
 clearly. The main goal is to make it easy to read the connection of
 posts in terms of partents and children so that you don't get
 confused. indentation is probably the biggest mechanism that cares
 about that, background and borders are just supposed to help. The
really dark border at the very left is just to indicate that this is
 the topmost post and you're not missing any context.

 I think I may have been unclear. Here's your original image, with
 borders and posts identified.

 https://img.bi/#/bZHUWcV!bS6MpE0KIso8MSg8f3vDKgXjvYNBVP4rF6i3RKD-
 <https://img.bi/#/bZHUWcV!bS6MpE0KIso8MSg8f3vDKgXjvYNBVP4rF6i3RKD->

That link was no good because it was coded with http://https:// in the
link. The text worked though.

Same for me, though I'm not sure why this is. I linked it rather than pasted plaintext because of the trailing dash (which my email program doesn't automatically parse as a link) but apparently that makes linking weird too.

 Border 1 is very dark.
 Border 2 is dark.
Border 3 and 4 are light. So light that it is difficult for me to pick
 out the borders of post A and B.
 This makes posts A and B run together for me.

I propose changing borders 3 and 4 to be the same darkness as border 2 (maybe it's just a rendering issue, but borders 3 and 4 are lighter in
 the image. In my earlier image
<https://img.bi/#/q1mhu9l!A8SXKRNJ6v3l9RTgHGn1KgyWq8kxDnUxc0OV1fO->, I changed the top and left borders of post A to be in the style of border
 2. That's all I'm proposing.

While I see Robert's point that the borders aren't necessarily
important, I must say that I agree with Stephen in that his mockup that had all internal borders be equally thick simply looked better to me. I
find the increased border clarity to simply make it easier to
distinguish things and just looks better to me. So I 100% support
Stephen's subtle proposal.

--
Aaron Wolf Snowdrift.coop <https://snowdrift.coop>