Hi,

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 1:23 PM, Christoph Reiter
<reiter.christ...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:47 PM, Jehan Pagès
> <jehan.marmott...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only thing I am annoyed at is this forking workflow. Both as a
>> contributor, and as a code committer/reviewer. Having to fetch a new
>> remote for every single-commit contribution out there is terrible.
>
> In case you didn't know, just like with github you can fetch the PRs
> from the main remote if you adjust the git config accordingly:
> https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/user/project/merge_requests/#checkout-merge-requests-locally
>
> $ git fetch
> $ git branch -a # look for PR branch
> $ git checkout origin/merge-requests/42
> $ git checkout master

I didn't know about this. That is indeed not too bad. I would still
cherry-pick the merge-requests commits into my current branch so that
the next make does not try to rebuild too much and for me not to waste
20 minutes. But that's still a good feature.

Jehan

--
ZeMarmot open animation film
http://film.zemarmot.net