On 18 Mar 2014, at 22:16, Bob Thulfram <thulf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:58:43 AM UTC-7, Hubert Figuière wrote:
>> On 18/03/14 12:40 PM, Andrew Halberstadt wrote:
>>
>>> Regarding promoting the book, would it be inappropriate to add it to an
>>
>>> "external resources" section or something on mdn?
>>

>> I'm also a bit annoyed (and ironic) that it requires Amazon Kindle lockin.
>>

>> Firefox OS is a lot about promoting freedom through the web as a platform.
>>

>> Hub
>
> I picked Amazon because it is the largest eBook publisher and by some
> measures seems to be on the way to selling more copies than printed books!
>
> My point is to spread the word, however that can be done. All the code and
> all the useful words are still on the blog. If you're interested in
> programming games on Firefox OS, I want to make sure you can get started.
> That's why I titled the book "Beginning" and added "HTML5" so it would get
> picked up in searches.
>
> I want people to know that developing games for Firefox OS is easier than any
> other development system! No compilers! Testing in the browser! Best API docs
> (MDN really rocks)! The time is now, but I want to clue people in who don't
> know, and Amazon has a lot of people searching every day for HTML5, Mobile,
> and Games.

I think your approach is commendable, and perfectly reasonable in terms of
openness.

One thing I might suggest is to add a sticky page of some kind to your blog,
which has the same structure as your book TOC on it, and links to the relevant
blog posts for each “chapter”. This way it’d be easier to find/browse the info
on your blog.