On 08/19/2014 12:24 AM, Marco Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> It will be mapped to the real package on the host side. The end goal is
>> to get rid of app:// urls. We can't do that right away so we'll have a
>> transition period where we support both app:// and !// packages.
>
> Since app:// will be got rid of, there will be no installed packaged
> apps in the future. (no app:// to point local packaged app)
> Because http://XXX!// will always point to real package on the host side.
>
> Q1-1 Am I right of getting rid of app:// equals to get rid of installed
> packaged app?

No, because when accessing http://foo.com/app.zip!//file.html we will
cache app.zip locally.

> Q1-2 If answer is no, how do we plan to map packaged app on the device?
>
> Q1-3 if answer is yes, from permission point of view, the hosted (and
> packaged) app can not get more permissions then installed packaged app.
> Because we can't guarantee package which is located on remote host and
> not controlled by us will never be altered as malicious intent.
> Then how does developer build a hosted app which needs permissions
> belonged to installed packaged (privileged) app?

On this front, the situation is similar to what we have today.
Installing non privileged packages will work from anywhere, and for now
only the marketplace will serve signed packages that can be privileged.

        Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desré
b2g team