On 08/18/2014 04:04 AM, Marco Chen wrote:
> Hi Fabrice,
>
> Thanks for your answer and allow me to explain more about question 2 & 3.
>
> (It seems that I am talking about installed app but you mention hosted app)
>
> 1. In case that I submitted two apps into market place.
>     For the first app A I set origin into manifest (ex:
> game.testmobile.org).
>     For the second app B I didn't set origin into it.
>
> 2. After installing into device, the origin of first app A will be
> "game.testmobile.org". (ex: app://game.testmobile.org)
>     And the second app B will be "uuid". (uuid is a random number
> generated by system) (ex: app://uuid)
>
> Q2-1, is URL of "http://game.testmobile.org/package.zip!//index.html";
> mapped to installed & privileged app A on device or
>      the real package on remote host side?

It will be mapped to the real package on the host side. The end goal is
to get rid of app:// urls. We can't do that right away so we'll have a
transition period where we support both app:// and !// packages.

> Q2-2, if game.testmobile.org is set as the scope attribute in app A's
> manifest, does it still act like what hosted app will be?

scopes need to be same origin, so this will not match.

> Q3-1, According to origin of app B is "uuid", could we really use
> "http://uuid/package.zip!//index.html"; to represent it?

No, we want http urls to point to real resources.

>            Even the answer is yes, it seems to be unique identifier in
> this device only but not a universal one across devices.
>            Based the conclusion here, could I say app scheme still can't
> be eliminated by "http://XXX/package.zip!//index.html
> <http://game.testmobile.org/package.zip%21//index.html>"?

In general, we won't try to make app:// and http:// urls work together.
We will deprecate app:// and I don't see any use case we support with
app:// that we can't achieve with !//

        Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desré