On Mon, Mar 9, 2015, at 09:38 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Has Google given any indication that they are actually planning on
> implementing the "standard"?

I'm not in the know, but in my limited involvement with the
standardization effort, I haven't seen any implications that Google or
anyone is going to implement the resulting spec.  I was only assuming we
were going to implement it because I was under the impression it was our
goal to standardize all Firefox OS-introduced APIs and you participated
in discussions for this specific API.

The Mozilla sysapps participants seem to be listed at
http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=58119&public=1&order=org#_MozillaFoundation,
maybe one of them might know?  Certainly Mounir's announcement at
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sysapps/2014Dec/0000.html
that Google had left sysapps could imply they're not particularly
invested in the spec...

Andrew