Hi all,

We’ll soon be adding an email opt-in somewhere in the registration flow of
Firefox Accounts.

Ideally we can provide the users with the option of providing a different
email address than the one they log in with. To do this, I'm recommending
that the opt-in happens later in the flow (to keep our registration flow
flowing).

Because a mature account system makes use of email addresses for different
reasons, I'm (re)proposing an approach that gives users more control of
their email.

- they can change their email
- they can see what their email is used for
- they can add additional email addresses to handle certain things
- we can introduce new email services (e.g. marketing) giving user control

With the A/C blasting above my desk, I awkwardly whispered my way through
the proposed approach:

http://youtu.be/RB7OiBaq37s

While I have not yet designed, I believe that this approach also scales
well for introducing other communication media like phone numbers.

Thoughts?

Ryan Feeley
Cloud Service, UX

P.S. As always, the video is not a reference design and is for illustration
purposes only.