On 13/05/2015 03:04, Benjamin Niolet wrote:
> How are we planning to talk to Journey Builder? Is it coming through
> basket or plugging directly in?
>
> Our current preference center for email can be seen here:
>
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/newsletter/existing/c38d1e9a-f5a1-412d-8035-8e42a5accc56/
>
> This is all controlled and generated by basket. Ideally, this stream of
> comms would plug into a unified prefs center so that someone could opt
> in and out of different streams.

After talking it through with Ryan Feeley, it seems like a good path
forward is to delegate this to basket so we can re-use the existing UX
and infrastructure.  Roughly this would mean:

  * provide a link from the FxA management UX to open the above
    "communication preferences" page for the user

  * add some Journey Builder prefs management to that page, although
    I'm not sure how that would be messaged to the user.

Along with a bunch of existing basket integration work that I'll follow
up on in the bugs.

It also makes sense for us to own some amount of engineering work on the
basket side of things to drive this forward.  Any FxA devs interested in
taking on a bit of python work for a change?  :-)

  Cheers,

    Ryan