On Friday 2012-11-02 16:10 +1300, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Dave Mandelin <dmande...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sure, it's not some grand thing. I just like things to be nicely
> > organized. And I really did find mochitest paths a hassle and a (small) tax
> > on development effort.
> >

> You could keep tests near the code and still have a predictable algorithm
> for mapping test paths.

I think the cases where we don't have such a predictable algorithm
for this should already be considered bugs.

I tried to fix a bunch of them once, but it turned out, if memory
serves, that there are tests that depend on some makefiles having an
incorrect relativesrcdir.  I think, by in large, any Makefile.in with a
relativesrcdir line other than:
  relativesrcdir  = @relativesrcdir@
is a bug.  (For example, most of the makefiles in accessible/ are
buggy.)

Or were you talking about something else in terms of the mapping?

-David