This is great news!

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Kyle Huey <m...@kylehuey.com> wrote:

> *The plan*
>
> Therefore we've decided to discard the worker model in favor of a cycle
> collected model like we have on the main thread.  Our plan is to do the
> following:
>
>    1. Port the cycle collector to non-main-threads.  We will store the
>    purple buffer in TLS.  This also involves disconnecting the CC from parts
>    of XPConnect (such as wrapper preservation). - khuey

Has anyone considered whether the cost of TLS could become a problem? It
seems like it is a bit of a problem for SPS. Seems like a fixable problem
though, especially for code that can statically know whether it's on or off
the main thread.

Rob
--
Wrfhf pnyyrq gurz gbtrgure naq fnvq, “Lbh xabj gung gur ehyref bs gur
Tragvyrf ybeq vg bire gurz, naq gurve uvtu bssvpvnyf rkrepvfr nhgubevgl