On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM, Benjamin Smedberg <benja...@smedbergs.us>wrote:

> On 2/13/2013 1:39 PM, Kyle Huey wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Brian Smith <bsm...@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>
>>  At what point during XPCOM shutdown are workers destroyed?
>>>
>>>  xpcom-shutdown-threads
>>
> What workers are these? Do workers outlast the page that loaded them? The
> entire DOM should be torn down at or before we shut down the profile.
> There's really no way workers should outlive that point either.

Web workers for a given window begin to shut down when
nsGlobalWindow::FreeInnerObjects is called.  When exiting that's going to
get called from nsDocShell::Destroy, presumably when the <tabbrowser> is
torn down.  Since workers are on another thread the shutdown process is
asynchronous.  Nothing guarantees that they are shutdown before proceeding
further until we block on them being shutdown during xpcom-shutdown-threads.

- Kyle