On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:49 AM, Brian Smith <br...@briansmith.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Robert O'Callahan <rob...@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > I've already given my feedback on the cairo mailing list. Summary: Moz2D
> is
> > the right thing for us, and probably for other application frameworks,
> but
> > for applications that just want to draw their stuff on the screen or to
> > print, cairo might be a better fit. Anyway ti doesn't really matter to us
> > what the C++ people do.
>
> It might matter to us in the context of asm.js.

Yes, that's worth thinking about.

> It seems likely that
> if something like Moz2D became the standard API then we'd be able to
> optimize it more easily than we'd be able to optimize an API that
> worked much differently than Moz2D.

No, because asm.js code must go through Web platform APIs, and the Web
platform API you would implement cairo bindings on top of is canvas-2D, and
that's fixed in stone --- and we have it implemented on top of Moz2D, and
it works well, better than when we had canvas-2D implemented on cairo.

Also, if Moz2D seems like the right thing for other application
> frameworks too, then that is useful feedback to pass back to the C++
> committee.

I did.

Rob
waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w