On 2014-02-24 9:21 AM, Daniel Holbert wrote:
> a) We try to avoid directly modifying third-party code in m-c, since
> any such patches would be clobbered on the next library-update. So we
> may not be able to directly fix our in-tree copy of the code, unless
> it's really important.

FWIW in the media subtree we maintain a separate copy of patches we've
applied since the last import. An 'update' script remembers what files
need to be copied from upstream and applies the patches, which helps a
lot if upstream doesn't change much, and helps when checking if specific
issues have been fixed.

 -r