Hi guys,
As the guy who originally started the WebSerial API discussion, if i could give
my two cents, I agree with Dave. It's virtually impossible to separate access
per-port. It's all or nothing.

We had this same discussion (actually, long bikesheding) on the WebSerial API
docs as well, but the bottom line is that it's impossible to separate access
per port for any real-world application, and pointless, because it doesn't
really provide any security or privacy layer per se.

Jonas, I would be really interested in your thoughts. Try as we might (in the
WebSerial API docs, at least), noone could actually think of a use case where
providing access to a physical (RS232), or Virtual (VirtualUSB or
VirtualBluetooth) serial port could be a privacy and/or security issue.

It's a whole different beast when you provide access for cameras or any USB
device, of course, but what could someone do with access to a serial port?

Vasilis