On 13/07/14 18:35, tzi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Jonas, I would be really interested in your thoughts. Try as we might
> (in the WebSerial API docs, at least), noone could actually think of
> a use case where providing access to a physical (RS232), or Virtual
> (VirtualUSB or VirtualBluetooth) serial port could be a privacy
> and/or security issue.
>
> It's a whole different beast when you provide access for cameras or
> any USB device, of course, but what could someone do with access to a
> serial port?

The WebSerial interface doesn't cover the Universal Serial Bus, then?

For USB, the OS has some underlying knowledge of what the device is,
right? So we could do permissions for USB on a per-device rather than
per-port basis, which is the right way to do it IMO. But AFAIK that's
not possible for RS232.

Gerv