This is one of the reasons I started to breathe new life in the Chromeless
project[1], but with a grander scope this time around.
I’d like to facilitate a pragmatic migration route to building desktop apps
with XULRunner using only the latest Web technologies, including asm.js and
WebGL+WebVR.

Due to my work on Australis, Loop/ Hello and the move to a new house eating
away my spare time too, this project got stalled quite a bit as I can/ could
only work on it then.
I hope to be able to pick up this work again soon!

Perhaps this project offers a likeable middle-ground solution to still allow
for a Mozilla SDK to exist, while not needing to maintain the entire XUL stack.

Mike.

[1] https://github.com/mikedeboer/chromeless2