On Dec 2, 2014 1:41 PM, "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 12/2/14, 8:17 AM, Kevin Grandon wrote:
>>
>> We currently use location.origin quite frequently in gaia, and we also
use it in workers.

> So the difference between location.origin and document.origin is that the
latter is the origin of the document and the former is the origin of the
document's URI.

This difference seems really esoteric to me. Do we really expect developers
to understand this difference and use the right one? Especially given the
very similar names?

Are there use cases for both?

I definitely think that JS in workers will generally have the same needs as
JS in Windows. So we need to figure out how to expose whatever we expose on
Documents to Worker contexts as well.

/ Jonas