Pinging this old thread since nothing seems to have happened since it
was last discussed.

My recommendation is still to make location.origin return the "origin
of the document" rather than "the origin of the URL". I would be
surprised if that didn't fix many more pages than it broke.

I think making the location object match URLUtils is futile. There's
so much weirdness about the location object that I think we should
treat it as the special flower that it is.

That would also make the origin available to workers.

I don't have a strong opinion on if we also implement document.origin or not.

/ Jonas