On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 1:09 AM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:
I think making the location object match URLUtils is futile. There's
so much weirdness about the location object that I think we should
treat it as the special flower that it is.

Other than the location object tracking a URL you might not expect

And not having .searchParams. And having weird non-local side-effects on set (like blowing away your entire global). And the fact that your getters and most of your setters might suddenly start throwing when you least expect them to.

I seem to recall thre was some other weirdness that I can't recall right now too.

I think it would be weird if the
invariants that hold for <a> and new URL() don't hold for Location.

That's already the case for tons of invariants.

-Boris