On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:20 AM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@annevk.nl>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Jonas Sicking <jo...@sicking.cc>
> wrote:
> >> Has the group looked at expanding the feature set of cookies to allow
> >> better CSRF protection?
> >
> > Mike has:
> >

> https://mikewest.github.io/internetdrafts/origin-cookies/draft-west-origin-cookies-00.html
> >
> https://mikewest.github.io/internetdrafts/first-party-cookies/draft-west-first-party-cookies-00.html
> >
> > Not many people are interested thus far is my understanding. Copied
> > Mike if he has anything to add.
>
> I haven't ready the above proposals, so won't comment on those
> specifically. But I'm certainly interested in seeing mozilla implement
> something in this space.
>
> Fixing cross-site cookies would remove one of the big security
> advantages that other platforms have over the web.

Talk to Mozilla's own Mark Goodwin (CC'd. Hi, Mark!) who had similar ideas
(see http://people.mozilla.org/~mgoodwin/SameDomain/samedomain-latest.txt),
and who might be interested in prototyping.

-mike

--
Mike West <mk...@google.com>, @mikewest

Google Germany GmbH, Dienerstrasse 12, 80331 München,
Germany, Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Hamburg, Geschäftsführer: Graham Law, Christine Elizabeth
Flores
(Sorry; I'm legally required to add this exciting detail to emails. Bleh.)