On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 3:36:56 PM UTC-4, commod...@gmail.com wrote:
> Great, peachy, more authoritarian dictation of end-user behavior by the Elite
> is just what the Internet needs right now. And hey, screw anybody trying to
> use legacy systems for anything, right? Right!

Let 'em do this. When Mozilla and Google drop HTTP support, then it'll be open
season for someone to fork/make a new browser with HTTP support, and gain an
instant 30% market share. These guys have run amok with major decisions (like
the HTTP/2 TLS mandate) because of a lack of competition.

These guys can go around thinking they're secure while trusting root CAs like
CNNIC whilst ignoring DNSSEC and the like; the rest of us can get back on track
with a new, sane browser. While we're at it, we could start treating
self-signed certs like we do SSH, rather than as being *infinitely worse* than
HTTP (I'm surprised Mozilla doesn't demand a faxed form signed by a notary
public to accept a self-signed cert yet. But I shouldn't give them any ideas
...)