I expressed my opinion on this subject at length on the Chrome lists
when they made a similar proposal. I'll summarize it here, though,
since I feel the same way about FF deprecating non-encrypted HTTP:

I think HTTPS-everywhere is a great ideal if we can achieve it, but in
the vast majority of discussions it feels like people are
underestimating the difficulties involved in deploying HTTPS in
production. In particular, I think this puts a significant group of
people at risk and they don't necessarily have the ability to advocate
for themselves in environments like this. Low-income internet users,
teenagers, and people in less-developed nations are more likely to be
dependent on inexpensive-or-free services to put content up on the
internet. In the best case they might have a server of their own they
can configure for HTTPS (given sufficient public documentation & time)
but the task of getting a certificate is a huge hurdle. I've acquired
personal certificates in the past through the normal paid CA pipeline
and the experience was bad enough as someone who lives in Silicon
Valley and can afford a certificate.

There are some steps being taken to reduce the difficulty here, and I
think that's a good start. StartSSL offers free certs, and that's
wonderful (aside from the fact that their OCSP servers broke and took
down a portion of the web the other day...) and if letsencrypt ships
it seems like it could be a comprehensive solution to the problem. If
unencrypted HTTP is deprecated it *must* be not only simple for
individuals to acquire a certificate, but it shouldn't require them to
interact with western governments/business regulations, and it
shouldn't require them to compromise anonymity. Anonymity is an
important feature of web services and especially important for
disadvantaged people. Unencrypted pages mean that visitors are
potentially at risk and their sites can be MITMd, but a MITM is at
least not going to expose their real name or real identity and put
them at risk from attack. Past security breaches at various internet
services & businesses suggest that if an individual has to provide
identifying information to a CA - even if it is promised to be kept
private - they are putting themselves at risk. Letsencrypt seems to
avoid this requirement so I look forward to it launching in the near
future.

I also think there are potential negative consequences to deprecating
HTTP if the process of rolling out HTTPS is prohibitively difficult
for amateur/independent developers: In practice it may force many of
them to move to hosting their content on third-party servers/services
that provide HTTPS, which puts them at risk of having their content
tampered with or pulled by the service provider. In this scenario I'm
not sure we've won anything because we've made the site look secure
when in fact we've simplified the task of altering site content
without the author or visitor's knowledge.