On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 03:11:36PM -0400, Andrew Halberstadt wrote:
> On 21/04/15 03:02 PM, Aaron Klotz wrote:
> >On 4/21/2015 12:50 PM, Andrew Halberstadt wrote:
> >>
> >>This could be effective, but if not implemented with care it could
> >>also be very de-motivating, especially for a well-intentioned
> >>contributor.
> >
> >Is this really an issue though, given the time and effort required to
> >earn sufficient commit access to push to inbound?
>
> It's the patch author that is on the hook for bustage, not the pusher. Any
> contributor can land a patch on inbound by setting 'checkin-needed' on the
> bug.

I'd say its more on the pusher than the patch author actually.

> But contributors aside, it could be de-motivating for employees too. If I
> break inbound, I already feel really bad about it.. no need to rub it in my

that's probably a mistake, as said up thread if you never break it you
are probably using try too much.  You shouldn't feel bad about expected
things.

> face :). If there are employees who are blatantly abusing inbound and don't
> seem to care about other people's time, perhaps a private e-mail to them
> and/or their manager would be a more appropriate response.

I think most people would rather adjust there usage of try before things
need to escalate to that level.

Trev