On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 7:22:26 PM UTC-4, Christopher Manchester wrote:
> You can now add "--tag" arguments to try syntax and they will get passed to
> test harnesses in your try push. Details of the implementation are in bug
> 978846, but if you're interested in passing other arguments from try syntax
> to a test harness, this can be done by adding those arguments to
> testing/config/mozharness/try_arguments.py. Note this is still rather
> coarse in the sense that arguments are forwarded without regard for whether
> a harness supports a particular argument, but I can imagine it being useful
> in a number of cases (for instance, when testing the feature with xpcshell
> and "--tag devtools", I was able to get feedback in about ten minutes
> whether things were working rather than waiting for every xpcshell test to
> run).

Can you provide a sample complete try syntax that uses this? I just did a try
run with |try: -b do -p linux,macosx64,win32,win64 -u all -t none --tag apz|
(after adding the apz tag to a mochitest.ini file) and it still ran all the
mochitests instead of just the ones in the mochitest.ini file. Does it only
work in some scenarios?

Cheers,
kats