On Thursday 2015-06-11 11:13 -0700, Steve Fink wrote:
> If I were to handwave up a new mechanism to replace bug comments + voting,
> I'd probably want a feature/bug page with
>
>  - upvote/downvote counts (3 vs 100 is useful information, even if it
> doesn't decide anything on its own)
>  - list of *distinct* reasons for wanting it
>  - counterarguments and data (eg web compat info)
>  - pointer to the appropriate discussion forum and threads

For what it's worth, I'd pay more attention to votes if I could see
the graph of how vote counts changed over time.  I'd be much more
inclined to believe votes that have increased steadily over time
(from people independently deciding that something was important)
than votes that increased in big jumps (because one person decided
that it was important and did a good job of convincing others to
vote for the bug).

I have occasionally looked at the list of most-voted-for bugs to see
if there were important things to prioritize that we were forgetting
about, but it's probably been a few years since I've done so.

-David

             Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
             What I was walling in or walling out,
             And to whom I was like to give offense.