On 7/15/15 11:50 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 7/15/15 3:42 PM, Jan-Ivar Bruaroey wrote:
This means it will support get/set of: MediaStream objects.

This means it will throw TypeError on set of: MediaSource objects, Blob
objects, and File objects, for now.

Jan-Ivar,

Do you happen to know whether other UAs support this unprefixed and if
so what the state of their support is?

According to http://iswebrtcreadyyet.com MS Edge supports it unprefixed.

Also, of the ones who don't support it unprefixed, any idea on their
unprefixing plans?  "I have no idea" is a fine response here; I'm just
asking for information you may already have, not asking you to go do
research.

AFAIK there is no webkitSrcObject, and Chrome/Opera use:

    video.src = URL.createObjectURL(stream);

which works, but as I understand it leaves blobs around to be garbage collected.

I found https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=387740
which seems to be about implementing srcObject.

My understanding within WebRTC at least, is that this is expected to be implemented, but I'm basing that on very little.

Some code https://github.com/webrtc/adapter/blob/master/adapter.js#L384

-Boris

.: Jan-Ivar :.