On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 10:01:45AM -0700, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> > Because the win is small, it shouldn't be a priority, but requiring
> > something like --enable-cpp-tests should be ok to do (and of course
> > automation would do that) if/when someone finds time.

With the way the build system works currently, an option would be worse,
because if you forget it, then you end up rebuilding everything (because
switching the flag will change autoconf.mk, and virtually everything is
rebuilt when this file changes)

> It's not clear to me that whether the CPP unit tests getting rebuild is a
> good
> proxy for whether they need to be rerun, given shared libraries and the
> like.

They are not rebuilt when shared libraries change.

Mike