On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 1:03 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2015-10-02 2:42 PM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> It might still mean that we can save time on tryserver if we only
>> build these by default if the user has opted in to running the
>> relevant tests.
>>
>> I agree with Gregory. I really don't see much value in building these
>> binaries by default. For the people that use them often enough that
>> they are worth having, adding a line to mozconfig is easy enough.
>

> There is one concrete advantage to building them, which is if your change
> ends up breaking some of them, you'll know immediately and you can fix it
> much faster than it you find out about it on the try server and/or on
> inbound.

But isn't this why we have the feature of choosing which tests to run
on tryserver? Of course, any time you turn off any test, or any
platform, you run the risk of not finding out you broke something
until you push to inbound.

But we've deemed the cost savings of running fewer try servers worth it.

/ Jonas