On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 3:11 PM, Gregory Szorc <g...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> We'll be investing pretty heavily in the Firefox build system in 2016. I
> cannot stress enough the pain comm-central's existence as a separate
> repository gives us when trying to make build system, mach, and automation
> changes. It slows us down and makes our lives (and code!) more painful than
> they could be.

Can this be solved without migrating c-c into m-c?

Would it be possible to create a thunderbird build system which simply
takes the output of a firefox build and grabs the files that it needs,
and builds the additions that thunderbird needs.

Generally speaking, libraries don't worry about having a build system
which enables building all downstream products. It's the
responsibility of downstream products to trigger the build system of
libraries.

The goal of putting seamonkey and thunderbird in separate trees has
always been to make firefox development easier, not harder. That
should include the build system.

/ Jonas