Ehsan Akhgari wrote:
Even with a single reviewer, I often times end up making some trivial
changes to my patches to fix stupid mistakes and issues that I know the
reviewer doesn't care enough to want to look at before landing.  In
general our code review process has a lot of flexibility built into it,
and reviewers generally understand that the goal ultimately is to ensure
the quality of the produced code, so depending on the circumstances as a
reviewer I can treat a patch on different levels of scrutiny, from
anywhere between checking the actual landed patch and complaining if
something wasn't done in the way I asked to r+ing asking for a lot of
changes and trusting the author will do the right thing without needing
me look over their work more.

Same here. Automation is fine if everything goes according to plan but pushing manually is much less time consuming if something goes wrong e.g. a patch needs trivial changes to un-bitrot it. So there should still be a way to just push manually if needed or desired.

FRG