On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbar...@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 10/2/17 12:03 PM, Daniel Veditz wrote:
>> Fair enough. Could we propose improvements to the APIs that would make
>> them more usable? For example an object argument to createElement() that
>> contained attribute/value pairs?
>
> This has definitely been proposed before.  Worth checking with Anne to see
> what the status is.  Specifically, did it die, and if so why? Because I,
> too, think this would be an interesting avenue to explore...

See https://github.com/whatwg/dom/issues/150. There's not really any
dominant pattern that's succeeded here in libraries that we could
adopt. You typically end up looking at templating and that has its own
host of issues. The other thing that would solve some of this is
browser-backed sanitization, but that's also a hard problem to solve
nobody has been willing to tackle and get standardized.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/