On 10/2/17 5:35 PM, Kris Maglione wrote:
So far it doesn't look like there's any significant difference on any talos test from adding [NeedsCallerPrincipal] to setAttribute/setAttributeNS/Attr.value,

OK. That's a minimum bar, obviously, but I would still like us to measure what the (presumably nonzero) impact is, so we know what we're dealing with. In particular, setAttribute may simply not be a huge part of most talos tests.

What I'd like to see is how long setAttribute() with some meaningless name like "testing" takes with/without this change on an HTMLDivElement in both the "in document" and "out of document" cases. Just a silly microbenchmark is ok for this purpose; it at least gives us an idea of what happens in the L2-cache-hit case.

-Boris