I have a couple of further questions:

One is about the legal impact on users. DNS mangling is part of law enforcement strategies in many parts of the world (incl Germany). We should restrict this experiment to regions where Mozilla knows that there's no legal trouble of using DoH and cloudflare. Circumventing law enforcement can get pretty hairy in some regions, I suspect.

The other is a bit more detail on the scope of Mozilla's agreement with cloudflare extending the experiment. Does our agreement extend to people not using Firefox? What happens to folks that in some weird way are stuck with the experiment DoH setup once the experiment ends? It'd be a great pitch if the agreement was that cloudflare offers this service with said terms. If they stopped liking the terms, they'd have to shut the service down.

These questions are really only about the scope, not so much about if we should do it.

Axel