Jean-Yves writes:
>> If anyone is chomping at the bit to remove 1proc support from their module,
>> please speak up.
>
>I am one of those developers that find non-e10s essential to debug core
>features.

I've depended on using non-e10s for ages as well.  Most of my debugging
can in theory be done in e10s, but whenever I have to have multiple GDBs
running, and deal with breaking in one causing breaks in the other (or
timeouts, etc), it's really painful, and especially for any work that
crosses the Content/master boundary.  Also: how will Fission affect our
debugging workflows?  I imagine that will make things much more
complicated without better tools.

>Of course we can do without, but at the expense of time and
>convenience. Before non-e10s support is removed, I'd love to see better
>development/debugging tools, particularly on Windows added to help our
>workflow.

+100 -- we need better tools for e10s debugging, especially with Fission coming.
We can get away without them, and without non-e10s - but it will be more
friction that lots of us will have on a daily basis.

[Part of the problem is that lots of debugging tools don't deal with, or
deal poorly with, multi-process apps. No revelation here, of course.]
--
Randell Jesup, Mozilla Corp
remove "news" for personal email