On 01/05/2019 17:29, Randell Jesup wrote:
Jean-Yves writes:
If anyone is chomping at the bit to remove 1proc support from their module,
please speak up.

I am one of those developers that find non-e10s essential to debug core
features.

I've depended on using non-e10s for ages as well.  Most of my debugging
can in theory be done in e10s, but whenever I have to have multiple GDBs
running, and deal with breaking in one causing breaks in the other (or
timeouts, etc), it's really painful, and especially for any work that
crosses the Content/master boundary.

Just chiming in to agree strongly here. Most bugs I investigate are in code that doesn't care whether the browser is running in e10s or non-e10s mode, and so I routinely use --disable-e10s to make my debugging sessions simpler. Losing that option would hurt.

I realize the time may come when it's impractical to keep non-e10s working, but let's not kill it until there's a compelling reason to make the sacrifice.

JK