On 28 April 2014 08:48, Jürgen Brauckmann <brauckm...@dfn-cert.de> wrote:

> Jeremy Brookman schrieb:
> >
> > We're all stilling lessons from heartbleed.  One lesson is that charging
> > for revocation has wider practical implications than earlier thought;
>
> Which practical implications do you refer to?

Sorry, that was poorly expressed.  I meant that needing revocation because
of key compromise resulting from security bugs seemed to be a more
theoretical than practical consideration; now it's become more real (for me
at least; others with more experience might have been more aware already).
 In particular, for private servers it seemed unlikely.  I could imagine
needing to revoke a certificate because, say, I'd made a mistake somewhere
and needed the certificate reissuing (maybe losing the key or something, or
even ), but not otherwise; it seemed to be more a consideration for larger
organizations where more people had access to the private key, and there
was more likely to be a breach of trust.

Live and learn!

Jeremy