Dear dev.security.policy,

I wanted to let you all know of some correspondence that happened recently
between Mozilla and the US Congress.

On June 9, the House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce
sent a letter [1] to Mozilla asking for our opinion on the "restricting CAs
run by governments to issuing certificates for their own properties within
their ccTLDs".

Mozilla security and policy staff wrote a reply [2] to this letter,
highlighting the importance of our open process, and outlining some of the
arguments on both sides of the question that were raised in earlier threads
on this mailing list.  Our reply was delivered June 23.

Obviously, we can't change the letter now, but if you have any thoughts or
concerns about this interaction, please feel free to reply in this thread.

--Richard

[1]
https://energycommerce.house.gov/sites/republicans.energycommerce.house.gov/files/114/Letters/20150609Mozilla.pdf
[2]