On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Kathleen Wilson <kwil...@mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 12/3/15 11:04 AM, Peter Bowen wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Kathleen Wilson <kwil...@mozilla.com>

>>> Are you referring to section 3.2.6 of the BRs?
>>> ~~
>>> 3.2.6. Criteria for Interoperation or Certification
>>> The CA SHALL disclose all Cross Certificates that identify the CA as the
>>> Subject, provided that the CA arranged
>>> for or accepted the establishment of the trust relationship (i.e. the
>>> Cross
>>> Certificate at issue).
>>> ~~
>>>
>>> Or were you referring to something else?
>>>
>>>  From BR Definitions:
>>> Cross Certificate: A certificate that is used to establish a trust
>>> relationship between two Root CAs.
>>> Root CA: The top level Certification Authority whose Root Certificate is
>>> distributed by Application Software
>>> Suppliers and that issues Subordinate CA Certificates.
>>

>> I was but forgot that the definition of cross certificate in the BRs
>> is different from the X.509 definition.
>

> So, the BRs do not mention disclosure of any intermediate certificates other
> than cross-signing relationships between root certs included in the major
> root stores. So, on this particular topic we do not want to align Mozilla
> policy with the BRs. Correct?

Agreed.  However it does raise the question of whether the Mozilla
policy should be:

1) All certificates with CA:TRUE must be disclosed or

2) All certificates with CA:TRUE must be disclosed except:
- certificates that meet the technically constrained definition
- certificates where the issuer is not required to be disclosed due to
the previous line or

3) All certificates with CA:TRUE must be disclosed except certificates
where the Issuing CA is technically constrained

Option #3 would require disclosing the technically constrained
certificate but nothing further down the graph.

Thanks,
Peter