On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Peter Gutmann wrote:

Or we ensure that firefox and chrome refuses to see those sites at all,
because they refuse a downgrade attack.

So users will switch to whatever browser doesn't block it, because given the
choice between connecting to Facebook insecurely or not connecting at all,
about, oh, 100% of users will choose to connect anyway.

And they'll grab a firefox/chrome from the free world.

It'll work out just fine for them, because what you're giving users is a
choice between using the Internet and not using it

Not really. But let's just leave it at that we disagree.

Paul