On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Eddy Nigg <eddy_n...@startcom.org> wrote:

> On 09/05/2016 10:54 AM, Gervase Markham wrote:
>
>> Hi Eddy,
>>
>> On 04/09/16 09:51, Eddy Nigg wrote:
>>
>>> I don't want to extend this discussion unnecessarily, but as a side note
>>> you don't know which agreements this employee has signed with StartCom
>>> and/or WoSign and hence you can't make a judgement on it either. Lets
>>> leave this to the professionals dealing with it.
>>>
>> If he has signed an agreement with StartCom and/or WoSign which prevents
>> him from pointing out, after leaving employment, facts which are in the
>> public domain, then I suggest that those clauses in the agreement are an
>> unconscionable[0] restriction on his freedoms and you should not be
>> enforcing them.
>>

> Again, I don't think we can and will solve this in public, however I
> believe it's the complete right of a company (and employer) to decide how
> and when it wants to make an official public announcement about its
> business (and being just in order to complete a currently ongoing
> transaction first).

That right doesn't exist. Not for governments, corporations, or any other
organization.

Every organization wants to control information flow about themselves, and
they certainly have the right to try to do so as long as they don't harm
other people. But legally restraining and punishing individuals in pursuit
of that control is rightfully subject to intense scrutiny.

At the very least, you and your company come off as a complete bully, and I
don't think that benefits you right now.

-- Eric

konklone.com | @konklone <https://twitter.com/konklone>