On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 9:08 PM, Peter Gutmann
<pgut...@cs.auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
> popcorn <nessuno.ac...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>>There were comments admonishing StartCom and WoSign for not reporting change
>>of ownership in a timely manner.
>>
>>I am not sure if this has been reported earlier, but if not, then Qihoo 360
>>change of ownership may be relevant to the current discussion:
>>
>>http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/qihoo-360-announces-completion-of-merger-300299435.html
>
> If I've followed this complicated trail of breadcrumbs correctly, since Qihoo
> 360 is now "a wholly owned subsidiary of Midco" where Midco is True Thrive
> Limited, then True Thrive is a subsidiary of Greenland Hong Kong Holdings
> Limited:
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=252817367
>
> which is a subsidiary of Greenland Group:
>
> http://www.greenlandhk.com/pages/en/intro.html
>
> which is the Chinese government (as a state-owned enterprise).

I think you found the "wrong" True Thrive Limited.
https://www.miaxoptions.com/sites/default/files/alert-files/QIHU_Merger_39333.pdf
states that the True Thrive Limited involved in the Qihoo transaction
is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tianjim Qixin Tongda Technology Co.,
Ltd.
https://www.chinatechnews.com/2016/04/27/23475-qihoo-360s-privatization-approved-by-ndrc
provides information on the buyers, none of whom are Greenland group.

This appears to just be a name collision.  Naming is hard :(

Thanks,
Peter