On Sunday, October 23, 2016 at 7:56:16 AM UTC+3, Peter Bowen wrote:

> is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tianjim Qixin Tongda Technology Co.,
> Ltd.
> https://www.chinatechnews.com/2016/04/27/23475-qihoo-360s-privatization-approved-by-ndrc

>From the provided link, I am flabbergasted by the reason to go private:

"As a publicly-listed Chinese company in the United States, Qihoo 360 has faced
the pressures of being a public company. Transparency dogged the company, which
also has a security software component, and ultimately the company saw the U.S.
public markets as incompatible with how the company wanted to conduct business."

so apropos...