On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 8:26:34 AM UTC-5, Peter Kurrasch wrote:
> Would it be possible to get a more precise answer other than "in accordance
> with"? I am left to assume that in fact no verification was performed because
> the previous verification was in the 39 month window.

For this SSL product, customers place orders which are vetted to the OV level
with normally just a single SAN.  Once the order has been approved they can add
SANs by verifying domain control via DNS or File based verificaton options.
Over time they add and remove SANs as their customer base changes.  They can
re-issue the certificate which keeps the expiration date and the subject DN the
same, but they add and remove SANs.

In this case they did not remove SAN which are clearly not functional and are
for domains which have expired. The reissueance process does not require the
re-verification of the domain control, thus the certificate was reissued with
these SANs.

Subscribers are required to tell us when the certificate contents is no-longer
accurate so appropriate action can be taken, but clearly this customer did not
inform us.  We'll be talking with them about this to find out why.

Doug