On 09/03/17 13:32, Ryan Sleevi wrote:
> (Wearing Google hat only for this statement)
> Have you considered having this discussion in the CA/Browser Forum? Google
> had planned to discuss this very topic at our upcoming F2F about how to
> address this, and would be very interested in collaborating with Mozilla on
> this. I mentioned this recently to Kathleen at the WebTrust TF meetings,
> but apologies for not mentioning to you as well.

This sounds like a good idea. Do we want to get this added in an open
slot? There may still be time.

> I'm not sure that we can or should so easily dismiss this with a suggestion
> that we're dancing on the head of a pin here.

That's not quite what I'm saying; I'm saying that my position could be
seen as that (making very fine distinctions), and it possibly is.

> I don't understand why you
> believe it's relevant the act of "Mozilla requiring disclosure of the
> audits". Can you help me understand where, in the policy, that's required?

I'm not sure where your text in quotes comes from, and nor can I work
out the referent of "it", so I don't understand this question.

> I agree that removing the conflicting definition of qualified auditor is
> likely a suitable outcome, and a much welcome improvement, but I do think
> we owe it to the community to provide a greater degree of clarity then
> currently provided by this thread about the expectations related to such
> audits, both to the qualifications and the independence aspects.

Surely requiring the auditor to be qualified in all cases will provide
that clarity?

I've filed https://github.com/mozilla/pkipolicy/issues/63 .

Gerv