* Will there be other players in Symantec's SubCA plan or is DigiCert the only
one?

[DC] Only DigiCert.

* ‎Is DigiCert prepared (yet?) to commit to a "first day of issuance" under the
SubCA plan? That is, when is the earliest date that members of the general
public may purchase certs that chain up through the new "DigiCert SubCA" to any
of the Symantec roots? I hope that, for issues that may arise under the new
system, there is sufficient time to identify and resolve them prior to the
2017-12-01 deadline.

[DC] Not yet. That’s an ongoing discussion.

* I think the idea of a smart segregation plan for the roots and intermediates
is a must-have. Such a plan should factor in the clientele who are using the
different roots and the environments in which they operate. Given how important
the "ubiquitous roots" are, I would hope to see community involvement and
"sign-off", if you will.

[DC] Okay. We plan to update the community as things solidify.

* I think it's appropriate to re-think some of the deadlines, given that we're
talking less about a carrots-and-sticks model and more of one based on smart
decision-making, good risk management, and sticks.

[DC] I’ll leave that open to the community discussion, although anything sooner
than the current deadlines might not have as satisfactory results as the
current proposal.

Finally, when I went to read the DigiCert blog post, I noticed that John
Merrill's link for the agreement announcement was a dud. I don't know why but I
really don't care either. I think it serves as a reminder ‎that mistakes are
going to be made during this process so it's best to make allowances for that
in the plans going forward. That, and attention to detail is important.

[DC] Egg on my face there. Thanks for finding that.  We’re getting it updated.