On Friday, 4 August 2017 03:16:45 UTC+2, Matt Palmer  wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 01:43:08PM -0700, Kathleen Wilson via
> dev-security-policy wrote:
> > However, I think it is fine for Certinomis to cross-sign with new StartCom
> > subCA certs, as long as Certinomis ensures that Mozilla's Root Store
> > Policy is being followed.
>
> ... which they didn't.  So there's that.

Exactly.

I don't understand why this discussion seems to be about StartCom. Until they
re-apply for the root program they have no direct obligation to conform to
anything anymore. They may have to answer to Certinomis, depending on what was
agreed with respect to the cross-signing. But that is really only relevant to
Certinomis and StartCom themselves. Certinomis however, does have a root in
Mozilla's root program and as such has to answer for any misissuance chaining
up to their root certificate(s).

In my opinion it would make more sense for Certinomis to decide that they'd
better revoke their cross-signings than for Mozzilla to add them to OneCRL.

Or am I missing something here?

CU Hans