On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Jakob Bohm via dev-security-policy <

> On 07/09/2017 17:17, Gervase Markham wrote:
>
>> Mozilla has decided that there is sufficient concern about the
>> activities and operations of the CA "PROCERT" to collect together our
>> list of current concerns. That list can be found here:
>> https://wiki.mozilla.org/CA:PROCERT_Issues
>>
>> Note that this list may expand or reduce over time as issues are
>> investigated further, with information either from our or our
>> community's investigations or from PROCERT.
>>
>> We expect PROCERT to engage in a public discussion of these issues and
>> give their comments and viewpoint. We also hope that our community will
>> make comments, and perhaps provide additional information based on their
>> own investigations.
>>
>> When commenting on these issues, please clearly state which issue you
>> are addressing on each occasion. The issues have been given identifying
>> letters to help with this.
>>
>> At the end of a public discussion period between Mozilla, our community
>> and PROCERT, which we hope will be no longer than a couple of weeks,
>> Mozilla will move to make a decision about the continued trust of
>> PROCERT, based on the picture which has then emerged.
>>
>> Gerv
>>

> Although violating the same rules, and involving the same certificates;
> for purposes of risk assessment I think issue K should be divided into
> two issues:

Note, I was explicitly suggesting we not do this, because this introduces a
greater level of subjectivity of assessment, and based on incomplete or
unknowable information. For this reason, ensuring a consistent application
of risk (e.g. the factors that allowed this to happen are the same) is far
more beneficial for the community and for consistency in application of
policy.

So I do not believe we should split these issues up, and do not think it
would help the discussions.