Self-assessment is insufficient :-)

That's why we require audits, review issued certificates for technical
violations, and attempt to empower domain owners to identify misissuance.

As we move to a world with greater participation of public CAs in
Certificate Transparency (hopefully 100% eventually), we can increasingly
rely on objective measures to judge across CAs.

Alex

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 4:23 AM, Gervase Markham via dev-security-policy <